Wednesday, December 26, 2007

In search of a better job title

Most people would call me a stay-at-home mom. I suppose I meet all the necessary criteria. I am the primary caregiver for my two young children. I employ no nanny or even a regular babysitter, and I have no paid employment. So, stay-at-home mom would seem to fit. Except for one thing, I absolutely loathe that expression.

For one thing, I find it to be a highly inaccurate description. Seriously. I spend very few daylight hours actually in my home. Stay-in-the-car mom is more like it. That is where you are most likely to catch me. Either driving to school, waiting in carpool, running an errand, etc. Hmmm errands. How about back-at-Target mom? Not crazy about that either.

Another good one people like to use is full-time mom. As if there was such a thing as a part-time mom.

No comments: