Saturday, April 10, 2010

The commandments of blogging!

When I started blogging, I wondered about the rules. I am not good with no rules. When I was a kid and they said, here is a some paper, imagine and draw anything, I wondered huhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! I needed the teacher to give me a hint or a direction! On the same note i'm terrible at movies that involve fantasy, remember Ghost with Demi Moore and Patrick Swayze (may he rest in peace) it was pure torture for me. My mind just doesn't function that way.

I love this blogging thing, it happens at such random times. I can be at the gas station or the office or shopping and I see something or talk to someone and it gives me a spark of an idea to blog about. The problem is there are tons of things I'd like to blog about but I wonder, wow, is that appropriate blog content? That got me thinking, so I started to look at other blogs to see if the things in my head (kinda like that voice in my head, which i've learned not to act on, especially if I want to keep my job in order to continue paying my mortgage!!!) were being blogged about by others. NO LUCK! So, here are my commandments of blogging!

1. If you want to blog about someone that pissed you off, wait until you are officially no longer friends, so it doesn't matter if they get mad when and if they read it.

2. If you want to blog about sex with a partner, but you don't want them to know about it, you need to change a lot of facts so they don't figure it out, in reality, BEST NOT TO BLOG!

3. Write your blog the same way you speak, if people love your wit and your conversation they will love your blog if it sounds like your voice! (the great thing being punctuation won't matter!!!)

4. Don't blog about anything you don't want your parents or their friends to know about because their friends have big mouths ( my mom is constantly telling me that people are telling her what i post on facebook)!

5. Don't be afraid to be honest about yourself in blogging, as an example, there are people who would say I am tough and not particularly warm and fuzzy. I constantly remind my employer, they hired me to get a job done, not to be nice! That's why i'm good at my job!

6. Blog about what you know! I like to shop, I have a vast knowledge about xanax (I crack myself up!!) and I love travel, hotels, good food, good books, great websites!

7. Mix it up, nobody wants to cry everytime they read your stuff, believe me too many tears and they won't be back!

No comments: