Sunday, September 27, 2009

when 3 inches is considered huge!

Don't believe people who say size doesn't matter, it does! And in this case 3 inches was HUGE! Friday night baby g, my infamous silver tabby was running around my room like a maniac talking away. Well she'd found something and it was a 3 inch palmetto bug! HUGE! FREAKIN HUGE! Now, at least this cat is smarter than my first cat Lipstick. Lipstick once saw a bug and ran under the bed. This time I got a cat who could find and chase the bug but failed to get it!!!!!! I started to sweat, scooped up the cat and armed myself with scrubbing bubbles and a broom. i have no idea what i thought the scrubbing bubbles would accomplish but I had it. Then I called security, not sure what I thought they would do! So here's how it played out. Security showed up and the nice gentleman looked more scared than me. He couldn't find it, he suggested roach spray, a real genius! What i can't figure out is how that damn bug ended up on the 9th floor of a high rise building. I slept on the couch friday night, better than i'd slept in a week I might add. Saturday included a trip to TARGET for roach traps and roach spray. My room is now booby trapped for that damn palmetto bug, traps in every corner, spray along all the baseboards!

Hopefully i'll be back to sleeping in my bed soon. Because i'm dreaming about bugs, which is not a good thing! I wonder how long the palmetto can last inside. I googled the bug, which turned out to be worse than googling an illness because then i feared that the palmetto was pregnant and laying eggs!

ARGHHHHHHH!

No comments: