Thursday, September 17, 2009

My fear of looking like a farmer!

It's that time of year again, actually that time of year happens twice a year for me. May and September. I go to New York and I dread the thought of what to pack, what to wear and sticking out like a farmer from Kansas. I like to think i'm pretty fashionable, but here in Miami it's 88 degrees on a cool day in September. It's not that it's cold in NY right now, but they are ready for fall, labor day is over and they are in transitional clothing and the women all look SO RIGHT! I fret about do i wear short sleeves and stick out, will I be hot in long sleeves, do i layer or is layering so 2008? Do i stick with basic black and white or do i go for fall color? Are they wearing fall color yet in NY? Do i focus on the accessories so that the clothes aren't the focus?

It never fails, i have the same problem in May, long sleeves, shortsleeves, light colors, what fabrics?

Here's the truth, NO ONE IS LOOKING AT ME, and this is all in my own mind, but it's stressful nonetheless.

Off to pack!

No comments: