Sunday, March 1, 2009

Violated and the customer service industry

i went to the bank yesterday to discover that i had been the victim of identity theft! A pretty sophisticated identity theft in my opinion! Bad things happen in three's! This is the third bad thing that has happened in 3 weeks and i'm hoping that it's the last for me! Otherwise the bad things in three's theory is out the door!

In any event, aside from the complete violation of my personal information and the ridiculous hassle of cleaning up this problem, it reminded me about our great nation and customer service.

Ever tried to actually get a human on the phone at a bank? first its almost impossible, they make those dial and press deals so complicated, but when you finally get one, they have a very thick accent and are often in INDIA or PAKISTAN!

Several months ago I called an airline to follow-up on a delayed flight I was scheduled to take. The customer service agent was in INDIA and told me that my flight was scheduled to leave at 3:20 pm, the problem was that at the moment he told me that it was already 5:00 pm.

Its time to bring call centers back to the good ole' USA! Provide not only jobs to Americans who are suffering, but provide information to consumers that is relevant and understandable!

No comments: