Friday, March 13, 2009

Sunday Styles No Longer a Guilty Pleasure

I have a ritual! I love sunday mornings, i get out of bed, open the door and bring in the NY TIMES and climb back into my fabulous bed to indulge! I read the Sunday Style Section First. It used to be filled with stories of fashion, new restaurants, grand parties and EXCESS! It was my guilty pleasure, what connected me to the goings on of the Fashion, Fabulous and Famous in NYC!

Lately when I open the Sunday Times I want to crawl under my bed instead of just under my amazing duvet! Take for instance last week, there was an article on how families could no longer afford to send their children to private school and instead were choosing parochial schools or public schools and how embarassing it was for the children! I don't know, i went to public school and it wasn't embarassing in the least bit! Another article was about how there was a huge job fair at the Sheraton, fewer companies participated and the room held 1000, at the last fair 2000 people showed up and at this fair there were 5000! They were lined up around the block of the hotel and it took hours for them to get inside!

I'm afraid to see what this Sunday will bring!

No comments: