Saturday, January 17, 2009

At the core, people are good!

Like most of you, i've been captivated by the US Airways plane that went down in the Hudson River. The event has sucked me in for a variety of reasons, I fly from Laguardia often, I am on business on the west side of NY, right near and often on those very piers where the plane went down, and because its hard to imagine that a plane can really land in a river, and everyone can get out safely.

But what has really sucked me in is the fact that at the very core people are good and selfless. I think about all those people who run the ferry boats in NY, who immeadiately headed over to the sinking plane and helped to save every last one of them, dockhands, captains, even the ticket takers, they acted flawlessly and with ease, to just help!

It speaks volumes about human nature. I think it is an innate characteristic that we all have, but rarely are we tested on!

So i raise a glass to all of you, the people of the New York Waterways, and say KUDOS for not only a job AMAZINGLY DONE, but for reminding all of us, what teamwork, and selflessness and the goodness of mankind is all about!

No comments: