Monday, March 24, 2008

Facebook frenzy

I have a new obsession, FACEBOOK. My friend Missy invited me to be her friend and ever since then, i can't get enough. Now, i'm not that enthralled with the applications and games and music type features. What truly reals me in is the 6 degrees of seperation aspect of it. So far i have 82 friends. Some are people I haven't seen since elementary school or high school and others are neighbors and business accquainances. What's most amazing is how somehow someone I know can be linked to someone I once knew and poof with the click of an invite key i'm re-connected.

I also sometimes feel like a cyber stalker, looking at profiles of people i know and then at their list of friends and so on and so on, kinda like the old shampoo commercial, she told a friend who told 2 friends and so on and so on. I can also watch and see who my current fling is friends with and when he signed on.

The largest group i've connected with is people from college, in fact, some people i only knew in passing in college but somehow here in cyberspace we've become connected and friends. I also am mesmerized by the adoption of a beautiful little girl from China, by a high school classmate!

It all just boils down to another site for me to check every morning before work, and another reason i'm always running late!

No comments: