Sunday, May 29, 2011

flip flops, cupcakes and middle sisters!



I am not a sophisticated wine drinker. The first time I had wine I was 23 and on vacation with a friend from law school and we went to a winery in Napa. To this day, I can't manage to like red wines. There are lots of wine afficiando's out there who don't rely on marketing and branding but on their pallette.






Lately I have found myself drawn to wine based on the label and the gimmick! Does that say something about me, or about the necessity to market wine to novices like myself. But boy are they clever! Several years ago a friend and I organized a shopping fundraiser for the Susan G. Komen for the cure foundation. We had wine donated by Mad Housewife Wine and they even sent us a lady in costume to pour! It was such a cute kitchy idea and the shoppers loved it, to this day I have no idea if the wine was good or anyone went and bought a bottle!






In the past week I found middle sister wine at target! http://www.middlesisterwines.com/ , now if only I had a friend who was the middle sister to make a gift of this wine.



Next I read about the greatest pairing ever in the NY Times Sunday Styles cupcakes and wine!!! http://www.cupcakevineyard.com/!! I mean is that the best hostess gift, a bottle of cupcake wine and a dozen mini cupcakes! Talk about brilliant!



Finally, a wine after my own foot fetish! I finally have a job where I can wear jeweled flip flops every day and no middle management paper pusher can complain and so i'm thinking of gifting this wine to my old boss who really had a problem with it! http://www.flipflopwines.com/






Makes me want to go to the wine store instead of the mall!

No comments: