Monday, September 15, 2008

TV Time!

This is my time of year! Fall television is back with a vengenance. Now the networks don't know it, but for many years I have interviewed almost everyone of their new shows each fall to determine if it will make it into my tivo repetoire! I love when People magazine publishes its issue describing all the new shows, with glossy photo's and descriptions! When TV Guide comes out I keep the colorful chart that divides everything so neatly, day of the week, network, time, (ah, if only i could divide my complicated life into such a great chart! Of course that's a story for another post)

So, let me tell you, the networks have also thrown me tidbits over the summer, likely because the movies this summer totally SUCKED! I mean what is a summer without good movies!

So let me first say that there are some new little networks that have some great shows

TNT and USA and AMC came out with some surprises,

In Plain Sight about the Witness protection program is pretty good, although the plotline isn't that feasbile since every witness gets moved to Albuquerque, hey wait a minute, maybe those are the only people who want to live there, next season the show will be based in Wasilla, Alaska! Oh wait, this post isn't about that weasel Sarah Palin!

Mad Men about advertising men in the 1960's, although slow moving is superbly written and has great costumes!

Raising the Bar- great show about Young public defenders and prosecutors. I'm probably the only one who watches this show, and it'll be off the air soon, but I love it!

HBO has finally brought back Entourage and i'm still hoping that Jeremy Piven finally meets my friend Missy, because i am certain they were meant to marry each other! They also have a new show True Blood and while i'm not into science fiction, werewolves and blood sucking vampire shows, this one is pretty damn tasty! (no pun intended)

xoxo blogger girl!

p.s. i'm off to go watch gossip girl for those of you who missed the hint!

No comments: