Thursday, April 10, 2008

The war close to home


Today as i read the morning paper, i read an article about a soldier from South Florida who died in a blast. As i read further, about his dedicated service to the U.S. Army and his family, I realized that he was the son of my accountant. Besides being shocked and feeling pain for her family, her son's wife and 2 young sons, I spoke to myself about believing that we don't belong in a war in Iraq. But then I paused. . . .


This was a man who attended a military institute and met his wife there. A man who had followed in the footsteps of his father who was also in the Military and a man who had chosen to prouldly serve in the U.S. Army since 1996. He could have chosen a different path, one with less risks, one that was more lucrative. Instead, the path he chose was to proudly serve the United States.


Personally, i oppose our prolonged presence in Iraq. Today, its not about my opinion but rather a day to honor a man who believed in our Military and dedicated his life to the military. May he rest in peace and may his life not be forgotten.

No comments: