Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Its Not My Hour

Several years ago at a function I attended, a Rabbi spoke about Lashan Horah (evil tongues). Of course speaking evil of others is something we should avoid, however, the Rabbi said we should start with just an hour where we not only speak no evil but think no evil. Among my friends, we preface any gossip with the phrase, "its' not my hour", that absolves us from any sin!

So, let me start by saying, not only is it not my hour, its not my day! Did you ever know someone that was pure evil, the person was really insecure and horrible but the way they presented themself was so over confident? I have a work association with a woman like that. Outwardly she portrays herself as wealthy, happy, smart, always dressed in fashion trends (even though she could use makeup and a good hairdo), however she can't be happy unless she is vicously complaining about other people, how they are stupid, lazy, incompetent and not as perfect as her, in fact it seems that she has all day to sit at her computer writring emails about people just to tear them apart. I might add this woman has broken up three marriages by having affairs with men considerably older than her (Freud would love her!)

All of this brings me to the question, they always say, what goes around comes around, but when? when does that happen?

No comments: